Windows Server 8 DCPromo Error - FIXED ~ My blog about Active Directory and everything else

Friday, March 9, 2012

Windows Server 8 DCPromo Error - FIXED

In a previous post  I showed that there was an error if trying to set the forest and domain functional levels to Windows 8 during DCPROMO using Windows 8 Developers Preview.

Now that Windows Server 8 Beta/Consumer Release Preview has been released I tested the promotion process again.

I once again selected Windows Sever 8 for my functional levels



I am very pleased to report that I no longer receive the same error that I mentioned with Windows Server 8 Developers Preview.

After the promotion is done the Functional Levels are set to Windows Server 8




Nice job with the fix Microsoft AD Team!  

I don't have a comprehensive list of features that are dependent on Windows Server 8 functional levels (forest & domain).  When I have that list I'll post it.

Enjoy Windows Server 8 Beta!

1 comment:

  1. As a Dell employee, I think your blog on Windows Server 8 DCPromo Error - FIXED is really very useful. It will be a great help to those who face similar issue with windows server 8. Thanks for sharing this information with us.

    ReplyDelete